Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy 13th Birthday!

NOW I feel old. Cameron turned 13 yesterday.
A real live, honest to goodness teenager. And when I look at these pictures, he looks like a teenager. We had planned to have his birthday at a Japanese restaurant, the kind that does the show at the table, but they suddenly closed so we went to Stiggy's, which is practically our home away from home anyway.













Cameron got a new Redwall book and, in a fit of I don't know what, a poker set. It came in a steel briefcase looking very impressive. For some reason he's been very interested in poker. I figured we could play for matches, but you can mark this date as the beginning of where it all went wrong if he ends up addicted or something.





Calandria posted about her newly 13 year old daughter and her interests and how proud they are of the person she's becoming. We feel the same way about Cameron. He still loves to read, but we are now challenged to find reading material that captures his interests and is not too mature as he is wanting to read more adult novels now. He loves watching M*A*S*H on dvd (he has the first 5 seasons) and Lost. He has a talent and a strong interest in drama now and says he would even sing in public to get a role he wanted. He can carry on intelligent conversations with the upper level physics teacher about science and the universe and often wants to be a photographer when he grows up. I often joke about how it's good I had kids so they could eventually do all the stuff around the house that I don't like to do, but we really appreciate all the ways that Cameron helps out around the house. I always say that if I had to choose someone to travel with I'd take Cameron--he's ready for adventure, can deal with the unexpected, has lots of stamina, enjoys shopping and touring, and is interested in just about everything. Happy birthday, buddy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oooh! Oooh! I think I recognize that birthday cake!!!

Happy Teenager!

andalucy said...

happy birthday to Cameron!!