Monday, January 16, 2006

Another blessing.

God bless Trinity Lutheran Church in Hayfield, MN! What a wonderful group of people, led by a great paster and his wife, Stephen and Laura. We had a great opportunity to spend Sunday morning with them sharing the mission of Peace House Foundation. We were so warmly received and so many people were so excited to hear about what we're doing. Mark was able to spend some time with an old college trackmate/friend, the congregation has offered to pay our storage costs for our household goods that we're leaving behind, and we both again truly feelblessed to realize the support that we are getting from so many sources.

When I got home I found the November of "The Lutheran" and read this very timely quote from a book called Loving Jesus:

"My faith is not always strong, my life is not always good, and I do not always think that I am blessed...I don't know what will happen between today and tomorrow...All the things I am grateful for could disappear. But I do know that tomorrow morning I'm still going to be part of the church, and the church is still going to love Jesus. So I know that I will love him, too."

It's such a profound reminder that we are not traveling alone, that there are so many of you that will be supporting us and "praying us through" those difficult times that are certainly ahead. So, tonight--thank you, Stephen and Laura--and thank you Trinity Lutheran for joining with our own congreation of Peace Lutheran, (and us) on this adventure.

No comments: