Wednesday, January 25, 2006

There's a lesson here.

OK, you how sometimes it feels good when you're proven right--even though you know you shouldn't feel smug about it? So several weeks ago I was on a bit of a tear about how we didn't have housing or any word about our residence papers and no one was looking at our house for rent. Mark kept telling me that everything would work out and that I couldn't control things and I needed to let it go...which might actually be true, but not comforting at that point.

Well, then we got the notice about the glitch with our paperwork and it was Mark's turn to fire up about why they hadn't gotten on this earlier. I SO wanted to point out (tactfully, of course) that I was not wrong when I was fired up about this very issue. But of course, any satisfaction I might have had from being right was swallowed up the added stress of getting everything that we needed together.

Then...8 guys showed up from our church to paint our house on Saturday. We get a note from Clive that he's seen several houses and there are 2-3 that would do for us. We found the diplomas and got the marriage certificate ordered and delivered. Andrea, a photographer that Mark went to Africa with, called yesterday about helping us move our stuff and showed up all day today with a truck and trailer--she also solved my final computer bugs that were putting me into hysterics. We've had 3 showings on our house in a week.

In the movie "Signs" (which is a GREAT movie, by the way--I highly recommend it) Mel Gibson asks "what if there are no coincidences?" When life is rushing, you tend to see events and not think about how they fit together, but when you take time to reflect, you realize that there is a plan and God will guide you through whatever is happening and will take care of you.

My sister-in-law Cathy is a very wise woman and reminds me that if we could see everything that was coming down the road, we wouldn't need faith or God. He only lets us see what we need to see at any one point in time. I hate to admit it when she's right, but she usually is.

No comments: