Thursday, July 19, 2007

Now There Really is No Good Reason...

This from a blog a new Peace Corps worker just starting work in Burkina Faso:

Minnesotans live in a colder climate than 98% of the rest of the world.

This would seem to indicate that after 20 years of the kind of weather most people fear and most Minnesotans relish, I'd be able to take something in the upper 50s. And yes, if I were home in MN and the temp. cracked 60 in say, March, I'd be breaking out the shorts.

Somewhere there's some math that would also indicate that I'm wimpier than some percentage of the world's population. And I won't be able to dispute it; first of all, it's probably true, and secondly, I can't do math.

You know how you always see old people wearing a sweater and long pants in July? What's going to happen to me? I'm already at that point now, it seems. It did rain last night, just to add to the mix. And we've had at least 6 feel-able earthquakes this week, giving me something else to ponder.

Anyhow...the person I got the stat. from is a guy named Zach. His mom works for Peace House Foundation. I don't know him at all but it's always great to see someone's first impressions of life in Africa. Even though Africa is over 50 distinct countries, I think living here has a common theme no matter where you go. You can see what's up with him at Just North of Ghana.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Umm, he's in Burkina Faso .... just NORTH of Ghana ....

Just wanted your facts to be straight, Ma'am.

Mama Ava said...

Umm, I really have no idea what you're referring to. :-P

Karen said...

So sorry, I must just be confused :-P