Monday, April 21, 2008

Summing Up Life

I saw this on another blog--a kind of interesting snapshot about where you've been and where you might be going. The one I saw used the number 10 but honestly I couldn't remember anything about this time in 1997--except that it was April then, too. So I figured I'd stay within the boundaries of my recollections.

Have a go and post your responses under "my comments" or post on your own blog!

5 years ago: I was recovering from having our 3rd child and dealing with the issues of a teenage runaway that was living with at the time

5 weeks ago: I made reservations for our last visit to the coast

5 days ago: I laid on the couch in the throes of a killer cold watching movies and taking care of my son who had malaria

5 hours ago: I watched the movie “Paycheck” and didn’t realize I had already seen it until I was half-way through. Which goes to show what a memorable movie it was.

5 minutes ago: I got up to see what the dogs were barking at and decided to post this entry.

In 5 minutes: I will hit the publish button on my blog

In 5 hours: I will be driving 6 kids to school

In 5 days: I will welcome our friends back from their visit to the States

In 5 weeks: I will be panicking about having things ready to pack 10 days later

In 5 months: I will be starting my new job in Beijing, China after a 6 year leave from work

In 5 years: I will watch my oldest son graduate from high school

4 comments:

Mama Cora said...

WOW! I use to check your blog often, but apparently haven't checked it in awhile. That is incredible that you guys are moving to China! I would enjoy living all over the world with my family. Who knows, maybe we will once we are done having kids and they are a little older like yours were.

Sarah said...

5 years ago : Preparing for daughter's 18th birthday.
5 weeks ago : Off work & enjoying the "grandchildren-in-laws" visiting from MT
5 days ago : Anticipating a dinner date at Chili's
5 hours ago : Reviewing GL coding on A/P invoices
5 minutes ago : Discussing allocation of cost of pickup trucks at work
in 5 minutes : Figuring out how to paste this into Carla's blog
in 5 hours : Cooking venison steaks!
in 5 days : Saying goodbye to BFF Kari and flying from Boise to AK
in 5 weeks : Working. Construction season hours by then. Sigh.
in 5 years : Trying to lose weight for 30th class reunion.

shawn said...

Love your blog entry.. this is really a good one.. May have to steal it.. but then I would have to think of things 5 years ago.. and my mind isn't that good.. but still good.. and really made me think!!

mcrampton said...

wOW!! Life changes inextraordinary ways. What another great adventrue foryou. We have a new grandson. I'm retired, and life is good. Be sure to give a call whenyou're inthe twin cities.
MAry Crampton