Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gratuitous Brunette, Retro


You might be getting a two-fer this week, given the way the stock market is going, not to mention the possibility of advantageously-timed Palin nuptials. So let's cast our eyes on a bit of old-fashioned charm and remember that some people had their own big problems to worry about. I mean, he had 7 kids. He fell in love with a nun, and dodged the Nazis, finally emigrating to the States with the whole brood.
D'ya think the Captain here would have offered Liesl up to marry Rolf just because it might have improved his political standings? Aren't you glad all they did was dance in the gazebo? I know I am.

1 comment:

andalucy said...

When I was a kid and watched this movie every year, I always thought to myself, "What does she SEE in him? He is SO old!!" It nearly ruined the whole movie for me. When I saw it again years later with my own kids, my attitude was very different. My thought were more along the lines of, "Dang! He is SO hot!"