Friday, November 27, 2009

Blessings Abound

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~Melody Beattie

I love this picture--I never had a Thanksgiving that looked like this, and I suspect that very few American Thanksgivings do look like that. I love the anticipation on the faces...the extended family, the best china, the joy. I am so thankful for home and health, family and friends, work and play. God is good and He has filled our lives with abundance.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 comment:

andalucy said...

I love the whites in that picture. But what has always fascinated me is the apparent ease with which grandma hefts that enormous bird. (A comment on the strength of American women perhaps?)