Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Word on Noah's Behalf

I feel that I should say something in support of Noah. I made a couple comments in the previous post about his extreme reactions to things, ranging from taking medicine to having the wrong color cup at dinner. His emotions swing very quickly back and forth and sometimes it wears me out.

But tonight, I had to squeeze his sore to see if I could drain out more gunk--something that's very painful. I've done it 3 times a day for each of these things and each time when I tell him it's time, he begins to cry, but submits. I've told him he's the strongest kid I know, that when the chips are down he's really tough. He agrees--loudly at times!

Tonight as I was finishing he said in a small sad voice, "why is this happening to me?" which pretty much broke my heart. Sadly, there's no answer right now. Unfortunately, 3 more of these things have started up on his body again, so I'm praying the antibiotics are the trick.

3 comments:

Mama Ava said...

He IS brave! And not too loud. It's actually worse when he whimpers because that's just not his style. Even when he whines it's at the top of his lungs--so the sadness is almost worse.

andalucy said...

I am praying that those things go away and leave this brave little boy alone.

Mama Ava said...

Me,too! The wonderfu thing about antibiotics, though, is how fast they go to work, if they're the right treatment. The smaller ones that had started have not grown in the past 24 hours (these first 2 grew amazingly fast) so here's hoping. The added attention (changing bandaids, extra handwashing, special soap, baths twice a day) keeps reminding him that he's not well. Poor little guy.