Wednesday, August 02, 2006

For the Men in Your Life

I loved our pastor at our home church in Bloomington. Rick was a great leader--he always challenged our congregation to get out and LIVE your faith, however that might be. Every Sunday I would listen to his sermons and always came away amazed at the challenges that he put to me personally, challenges that were always wrapped in the grace that all of us desparately need in this world. So both Mark and I were so sad when we learned that Rick was moving on to another calling.

You can read more about his new endeavor at Phoenix Risen. It's a small group individual counseling/life management/transition for men that I think fills a huge need in our culture in the States. The longer I've been married, the more I've seen the discrepancy between the relationships I have with my friends and the types of relationships Mark has. I've seen so many examples of men feeling isolated and struggling alone with issues that are not "men-only"--but the way that men are attempting to face life's challenges and the support that they derive from their friends, colleagues, and family memebers is vastly different than what women experience.

Anyway, take a look at his website. If you know someone who is struggling, pass the word along. Mark and I can personally vouch for his expertise and ability to touch people's lives in a truly meaningful way.

No comments: