Sunday, June 21, 2009

SCORE!


These are my very favorite shoes. Dansko clogs are sooo sooo sooo comfortable. I bought my first pair with money from heaven--you know, the kind that once in a very great while falls into your lap and the planets align in just such as way so you don' t have to use that gift to pay for new tires or a payment to the ortho...you can just spend it on something you would never ever normally spend that much money on. Which is how I got my first pair, and I have loved them every. single. minute. of every. single. time. I've worn them.
But like all good things, they slowly come to an end. During that time I decided that there are a very few things that every person should spend money on, for whatever reason. It may be manicures. Or a great salon. Or the extra cable package so you can watch 47 sports channels. Whatever it might be, it's something that you don't have to justify because at whatever age you are at, it becomes worth it. For me, it was these clogs.
Not that I wasn't hyperventilating when I walked into REI today. They retail at $120.00 which is a LOT, even for shoes I love that I will wear for another 7 years. So how thrilled was I to find a pair in my size and color at the "scratch and dent" sale going on right now at the Bloomington location? Quite thrilled. They were a lovely 30% off, too!
Of course, when you get a gift horse, it only seems right you should pry that guy's mouth open and take a look. And it did seem to me that there was the tiniest scuffs on the front. And wasn't that a bit of wear on the outside of one heel? Why, yes, I think it was. And so, armed with a whole load of "I now have no shame when it comes to bargaining" I marched up to the counter and sweetly proclaimed these shoes which were really practically perfect in every way were simply too worn to give only a 30% discount.
Which is how I walked away with a pair of practically perfect black Dansko clogs for only...$39.97. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And for the record...I believe the scratch and dent stuff will go to an extra 50% of the marked price tomorrow. Some barely used...some others a bit more, but if you could get that kind of deal (not to mention the loverly ballet walking flats I picked up for $19.99 instead of $75) then it's definitely worth the combing and examining.
Life is good!
Now...if Blogger believed in paragraphs today, life would be as practically perfect as my new shoes.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I am *SO* going to REI first thing tomorrow .... You are an inspiration, my dear!

shawn said...

What a deal.. Only you could get that.. me I would just not have said anything... and not gotten the shoes.. I will have to take some lessons from the Master!!!

andalucy said...

i'm going to check out that sale, too! You are becoming quite the master shopper.

mcrampton said...

A shameless bargain hunter. May I go shopping with you?!

Barb Matijevich said...

I have those same exact shoes. This weekend, I tried my orthotics in them and almost succeeded. I am not giving up until I can wear them again!