Friday, June 12, 2009

We're Outta Here!

Saturday night 9:30 pm we touch down in Minneapolis and I can't wait. It's been a terrific(ally long) year. I remember vaguely that we had this idea of hanging out here this summer and traveling, but HA to THAT. Our home visit will be a bit shorter than we had planned (more on that later) but puh-lenty of time to catch up, kick back, and hang out!

So...after 13 hours on a plane, 4 hours in Chicago and another 90 minutes to Minneapolis, we will be BACK! And I'll need a stiff drink if anyone wants to join me.

As I signed yearbooks and said goodbye to teachers and students who won't be returning next year, I am profoundly grateful that I am--no big transitions, no movers, no ginormous life changes.

Now, here's hoping that China will let us back in. Just in case, I'm packing a quarantine kit--toilet paper, food, cigarettes to bribe the guards...you know, the essentials.

1 comment:

Earthling said...

whooo hooo! Have fun in the States. We're going this year too. The kids are chaffed.
They already have plans to hang at a mall (don't really have those her), eating Maine doughnuts and drinking root beer.