Monday, February 27, 2006

Culture Presentation at Langauge School



Just a few pics of a culture presentation at language school Friday afternoon. It was put on by a dancing/drumming group from Arusha. The dancing was a lot of fun--I'll try to learn how to post a video clip--otherwise I'll attach it via email.

Ava and Rasmus aren't trying to join in--they're playing in the mud and (despite the drums and singing) did not realize a new group of dancers was starting!

This last dancer was great...lots of energy and enthusiasm. Several dances involved (real) spears and machetes and he made a great show of waving them at the kids, who loved it, of course! I'm thinking my kids will have great ideas for Halloween costumes when they return to the States....except I bet the neighbors will raise their eyebrows when they drag out their weapons!

No comments: