Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fourteen Years Ago...

D'you call life a bad job? Never! We've had our ups and downs, we've had our struggles, we've always been poor, but it's been worth it, ay, worth it a hundred times I saw when I look 'round at my children.

The world is full of women blindsided by the unceasing demands of motherhood, still flabbergasted by how a job can be terrific and tortuous.



What children take from us, they give...We become people who feel more deeply, question more deeply, hurt more deeply, and love more deeply.


You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

The very best reason parents are so special . . . is because we are the holders of a priceless gift we received from countless generations we never knew, a gift that only we now possess and only we can give to our children. That unique gift, of course, is the gift of ourselves. Whatever we can do to give that gift, and to help others receive it, is worth the challenge of all our human endeavor.


Here's to one we practiced on.
The one we loved first and who taught us to love better.
The one who started it all.
Happy birthday, Cameron.

4 comments:

andalucy said...

beautiful, inspiring thoughts. and those photos are great! my favorite is the first.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cameron from Bloomington ---

shawn said...

Happy Birthday.. I guess I didn't know that all 3 of the kidlets birthdays were so close together.. wow!!

Barb Matijevich said...

Oh, I'm all choked up, having gone thorough the birthday of MY oldest this week, too. I would like for her to stop growing up now, just long enough for me to catch my breath!