Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Kids in Concert--This One's for the Grandparents

Simply Strings and Simply Band are great concert events. They start off with the beginniners and progress through to the high school programs. It's a great way to cling to hope when your own children are practicing--you can see such dramatic improvement in a year's time! Cameron, Noah, and Ava have all really enjoyed playing this year.

It's hard to see Cameron in his clip. Look towards the back and center. He is sitting next to a boy with long very curly hair. Noah is at the right of his clip. Ava is the blonde in the middle in her clip.






2 comments:

andalucy said...

Well, I'm not a grandparent, but I must say I enjoyed that very much.

I think the cheesier the better for middle school band songs, and this was an excellent choice. ;-)

I like how Noah stands up right away, like, "Ok, I'm outta here, folks!" I wish our string groups had piano accompaniment at the concerts.

That was a lovely Lightly Row! Ava has nice, full bow strokes.

Mama Ava said...

Calandria, I agree about junior high band--I remember when we started playing and I thought we sounded SO perfect, SO professional! I know that playing in a group has been very motivating for Noah and Ava, even if they are not getting the most attentive instruction in technique.