Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Check Me Out.

I've had a lot of people tell me that I should write a book based on the things that we've experienced. I think there's great material in our lives--I don't believe that the talent exists to convert that to publication. I do wish I had more time, however, to be more intentional about some of the writing, I've done. When I've been able to be reflective and purposeful about what I wanted to say, I think what I've written has been much better.

Anywho...I regularly read a blog called The Women's Colony and that's when I realize I'm not ready to really write. It's funny, irreverent, sometimes too liberal, but always entertaining and thought provoking. When you visit Mrs. G's site, make your first stop "Origin Myth." It's near the top on the right and it's hilarious--and oh-so-true. Then, visit the Passport room where our family was profiled as part of their "wild people who don't live near home anymore" posts. I think there are some really good writers over there, so it's fun to be included, even if just for a Q-n-A, in their company. Take some time to glance through the different rooms and don't feel too guilty if the Cabana becomes one your new favorite time-wasters...seriously.

3 comments:

andalucy said...

I will check out the link but first I wanted to say that I think you are an excellent writer. This is just me talking and who am I to say, but I would love to read a book you wrote. You express yourself clearly, your voice is engaging, and you're funny.

Barb Matijevich said...

So, I was reading along on the WC website and thinking, wow, this woman is JUST LIKE MAMA AVA. What ARE the odds??

Erg.

Right.

Karen said...

LOL Barb!!!!!

Wow, I can say I knew you when ...

I'm proud of you!