Monday, October 06, 2008

Some Things...

Honestly. China is, by all accounts, growing at an astonishing rate, embracing so many Western things--fashion, cars, technology. Wouldn't you think they might want to push the PAMPERS?!

I gotta say...standing in line with thousands of people at a tourist area, or market (indoor or out), or whatever, and seeing a few of these makes me wonder where to put my feet. And then, I realize I know where to put my feet because I'm seeing moms and dads assisting the little darlings with their "needs"...well, everywhere. Not behind a tree, or a post. Just...well, everywhere. JINKIES! It's a huge mess!


It's enough to make a person really start italicizing to excess!


(See what I did there? I made it a rhyme so it was more literary and therefore highbrow).

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry, but I just need to be sure of what I think I'm seeing. They make children's clothes with no bottoms???

Mama Ava said...

Well, I'm sure you can appreciate the fact that I am NOT getting an up close view. But yes, technically. It appears that the pants are made with a slit up the back (and maybe between the legs. Since they're little kids, they don't wear underwear as you can see.

When the kids have to go...they just squat. Or sometimes a parent is holding them up in what I call the "camping stance". Sometimes the parent just moves his/her legs and lets the kid whiz over the side. Really.

andalucy said...

To me it looks like in this photo there is some underwear there, but it is also slit! Which makes you wonder, why bother?!

Your little profile pic is so cute, but I think the fallout is probably not so cute.