Monday, October 20, 2008

This Little Gem...


...jumped out at me as I was browsing through a site for Chinese furniture. It is typical of a lot of the English we read here. I loved how some parts had that "well, no DUH" factor, but that the overall tone was so helpful and pleasant!
oops, sorry. You probably thought the "little gem" was this fantastic Tibetan cabinet. It is great, isn't it? A little too bright for me for such a big piece, but maybe as a side table...
No, I'm referring to the text below:

Wood Book Shelf is a decoration in a room. It also can be practical. It is a place that can contain a series of books. Books can improve personal sentiment and strengthen one's self-cultivate. At the same time, reading books is an enjoyment. Bookshelf is the best choice to put all the books you have. Reading is Fundamental. Knowledge is Power. And where to store all that knowledge and power? A BOOKSHELF!

There are series of wood book shelf with different styles and colors in our storeroom. For example, there is a shelf with 4 tiers and 3 drawers bottom, ornaments or accessories can fill in the drawers, from the surface, the shelf is clean and tidy. An organized desk is the sign of an organized mind. I do like to keep my ornaments and accessories hidden away in drawers.

Other styles like 2 tiers top and a little cabinet bottom, so it is appropriate to put something like clothes or other things in it. Making it, of course, less of a bookshelf than a clothes shelf, but a helpful tidbit, nonetheless.

The book shelf is antique furniture, it is easy to feel elegant. See, this is why I'm shopping. I need easy ways to feel elegant. No form-fitting dresses, expensive jewelry, or uncomfortable shoes. Although I wonder if the family collections of Stephen King and Captain Underpants will somehow detract from said elegance...

No comments: