Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sweet Punkin


This summer we got to meet the newest member of the family, little Mazzy. She was very cute and very sweet--she has these round big eyes and a round bald head and gives you the funniest looks!
My brother has taken quite the long way around to domestic life. If you've got younger siblings, you probably know the feeling of looking at your youngers and wondering if they'll ever become grownups--so it was so great to watch my brother single-handedly take care of little baby for a week. He's the kind of dad that is attentive, yet completely laid back so nothing really phases him. He's become very calm and patient over the years. Mazzy's mom is bit of a fashionista--so Mazzy is tricked out in the latest gear at every turn!
I miss being able to see my nieces and nephews more. All of them are so different, but each of them is so great in their own way--just like their families. Both Mark and I are from very small extended families--each of us has a parent with one sibling and a parent whose and only. Both of us have only 2 cousins. I loved that all of our siblings have 2-4 kids (yes, Greg, I'm assuming Mazzy won't be an only!) so that our kids had lots of cousins to be with. Now we've upped and moved, so it's not working quite the way I envisioned!

1 comment:

shawn said...

wow!! she is really really cute.. I bet it is hard not to be around her!!