Wednesday, March 08, 2006

About the rain...

You know, I was thinking about the posts and emails I've sent about the electricity situation...and I think I have to confess I may be responsible for it. See, I get these emails from people that have a short story and promise that I will be either be showered with blessings or cursed forever if I don't pass them on to at least 10 other people.

And I don't. Ever. So you if you've ever passed something like that on to me, you now know that I'm the weakest link in whatever chain email is being passed around. Sorry.

But now I'm wondering if there's something to that after all...

Because right now it's raining like crazy and it's louder than heck on the metal roof. And today's news reported that the resevoir is somehow miraculously high enough that the shutoff may be postponed for several weeks, by which time enough rain may have fallen to take care of the problem this season.

So either the news reporting is a bit dodgy here, or I'm actually controlling natural events by not passing on chain emails.

You decide.

3 comments:

Mama Ava said...

Well, of course I only want to take credit for the rain (at least until we have reports of flash flooding) but I must stand and take credit for everything.

And if you're not passing them on, either--then we have the power to control the universe.

Verlabay said...

Well, I never send them on. But in this case, I did say some prayers. Maybe...

Mama Ava said...

Well, I hate to admit it, but I just turned down another one today, so I need to get ready for a year of bad luck.