Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Best for Last


OK, I give up. It's taken 3 hours to upload these pics and I'm just done. But I couldn't leave without sharing this spectacular shot of Mt. Meru, taken from the banda at the site. It's truly breathtaking on a clear day. Just think, when you come to volunteer, you can wake up in the morning and turn in at night to this scene! Well, maybe not at night, because it would be dark then and you wouldn't see it--unless you went to bed really early--and then you wouldn't have been a very productive volunteer that day--but maybe you had malaria or something, and then we'd cut you some slack. But then you'd be too sick to enjoy the view anyway.

Volunteer note--if you come, you won't get malaria. That was supposed to be humorous.

4 comments:

Mama Ava said...

How nice of you to say such nice things publically!

I think I'll look at this picture to cheer me up the next time one of my kids gets another ginormous mysterious bite.

andalucy said...

What an inspiring view! It's so majestic. I second Karen's thanks for taking the time to post these pictures.

Mama Ava said...

You guys are too kind! I must admit, I was out there today--the perfect breeze, the perfect temperature--I know that doesn't last, but just having a view--not being locked behind a fence in a compound, will be so nice, I think. It reminds me of home (Montana, not Minnesota).

Mama Ava said...

Sharon must be my sister...well, we do have mountain lions there...and grizzlies that look as big as elephants...