Friday, March 17, 2006

Our new family member.


This is Kitten. He came from the duka down the street where the children saw him and begged for a kitten and reminded me how I said they could have one if only we didn't have a dog.

We think his name will be Ruka (Swahili for "jump") but we're waiting for Cameron to weigh in with his decision when he gets home. I'm hoping he likes the name because the other frontrunner is "Cutie" and I personally cannot bring myself to call anything "cutie". Paka (Swahili for "cat") was another (albeit lukewarm) option.

After the first day, he really does jump all over everything so I think Ruka is a perfect name.

Did I mention lice? Yep. The poor thing's been bathed, scrubbed, and dusted several times this week and is not allowed in bedrooms until I certify that he's clean. But we couldn't debug him until we had him home and there was no place to keep him while we cleaned him. I pray God is granting us protection from infestation because we rescued this poor thing from a bleak future.

No comments: