Saturday, March 18, 2006

A couple corrections...

My friend Lindsay's blog is actually www.maingirll.blogspot.com. Her kids were in MNVA last year and we did a coop with my other friend Karen and another family. Her kids went to Spanish immersion this year and I really missed them this fall. She has great insights on so many things and makes great food (and sometimes posts pics of it) and since I have an ongoing obsession with food I miss, I check in to see what she might post :-)

And I think Ruka (which is the kitten's official name) has fleas, not lice. I don't know that that's any better, but for some reason I'm less bugged (haha) by it. I looked up info. online to make the diagnosis. All I know is that I had lice in high school once (it spread through our school after a big basketball tournament where we all piled in rooms together for several days) and getting rid of it was a gross pain in the neck. And that was with drycleaning and big washers and dryers. My washer takes 45 minutes to run a load and it has to hang dry. So if I had to wash everything, it would take forever.

But everyone agrees it just might be the sweetest kitten on earth (esp. for kids who've never had one) so we'll have to stick it out. I mean, without electricity to worry about now, we need another hardship to endure.

No comments: