Wednesday, March 08, 2006

OK, just a couple more animals

Now, I know what I said about animals and pictures, but Cameron and Noah just got back from a two day trip to Ngorongoro Crater. It's about a 3-4 hour drive from here--they went with 6 other kids, two dads, and teachers and camped there. We were very proud of Noah who spent his first away from home adventure in a tent in Africa with strangers. And Cameron scored some great pics so I'm sharing again...this'll be it for awhile, though--safaris don't come cheap and we will actually have to get productive now!

This young lion was less than 4 feet from the car when he decided to pose for some shots. An older lion eventually scared him off.

The hippos were a big hit. Did you know more people are killed by hippos than by any other animal in Africa? They're a lot faster (apparently) on land than you might think. There are places where you can take a river safari and cruise past them...but you know it'd just be some little wooden boat and I personally would be fainting and wetting my pants at the same time.

It's baby time! Lots of newborn zebras, buffalo, and this little wildebeest...but I keep thinking about those lions...

1 comment:

Mama Ava said...

You should see the baby zebra...

I, too, am impressed--which is why I won't mention certain ugly sibling issues that arose during said adventure.