Monday, November 03, 2008

NaBloPoMo



It stands for National Blog Posting Month, a month where you commit to blogging every day. It's a takeoff of National Novel Writing Month, in which aspiring writers are challenged to write a novel in a month by writing at least 2,000 words a day every day. I was (quietly) going to "try" this and then at the end of the month, when I didn't actually succeed at blogging every day, no one would be the wiser. But in the immortal words of Yoda, "There is no try. Do only," I figured that I'd give it a more public go.

I am going to limit myself to not posting pictures of my dog or of Hugh Jackman just because I'm too busy or too tired. Pictures should be accompanied by writing. Also, if I just crib something from someplace else, I feel I have to actually write something about it as well. So, if you see any of those things going on, I guess it technically still counts as blogging, but I'll have broken my personal rule.

However, at a post a day, I fear I may not be witty or wise. So caveat emptor!

So get ready!

by the way...although the post says November 2nd, it's actually 3:00 here in Beijing on the 3rd, so this does count as my daily blog post.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yay! Good luck. I'll be with you, each step of the way.

(I was going to write "day by day" but then I suddenly started hearing the song. Now I'll be hearing it all day long. Thanks for that.)

Ave said...

Awww, I like the pictures of Hugh!

Mama Ava said...

Rats, Ave. That is all the encouragement I need to keep up the Hugh. Maybe I can call it "Gratuitous Hugh" or something.

And thanks, Karen. Nice ear worm for me, too.